Monday, January 27, 2014

Memorial Project


These are my in-progress pieces


This is my finish sculpture of this memorial project. The materials I used are the soft wood, the lid of something old, and wood glue. This represents of the memory when I achieved in earning a black sash in Kung Fu. It was a saturday in August and I was about to start my senior year of high school. It was a busy day that day because not only I had to go to the testing for my black sash but also my high school cross country coach wanted me to run a race that morning. And of course I did it and I ran the 5k at a time of 22 minutes. At least I had a 3 hour gap in between to rest though I was still kinda tired. The circular motion of the wood of my piece represents the business of that day and how I felt like I did so much and it was crazy. The black sash testing was really hard but I made it and pushed through and earned my black sash. The black ring outside the wood symbolizes the black belt. (The black ring came with the lid). The lid in my piece looked like some sort of traditional chinese lid and since my martial arts school is a traditional chinese martial arts school called "The Peaceful Dragon", I decided to use the lid (which is turned upside down). The shaved wood on the one side symbolizes the hard work I had to accomplish that day. and around the circle it starts to get smoother, which represents the fact that the test was really long and once it  was over with I felt so accomplished and proud of myself, then I got to relax. I earned it!


No comments:

Post a Comment