Monday, March 3, 2014

The Veldt Story project


This is my project based off the story the veldt. So far it is a bunch of boxes made out of paper along with a paper chain. The chain in the second picture, is what I'm going to hang the boxes on.

This is my final sculpture for the story the Veldt. It is hanging from the ceiling by the chain, hooks, and fish wire. The boxes are hanging from the fish wire. I set it up like this so it kind of looks like a chinese lion, like what they use for traditional lion dances. In the story lions were the animal that was the most mentioned so I wanted to make it feel like that. The reason why I used the metallic like silver color is because the story had the feeling of a robotic like box which was the daycare and the ways those kids in the story lives were like. The red is for the mysteriousness of the story and how in the end the parents end up dead and I'm guessing the children did it only because they didn't want their parents to take away the daycare. 
The story is like a mystery because it didn't exactly say that, that happened and you didn't really know what the kids were up to all the time and I was wondering the whole time why did they decide that? The parents seemed frightened about the sahara that their kids imagined. I thought it was imaginary at first but as I read more I realized it was real to them but the two children somehow denied it for a while. The red color is for the blood and the reason why the boxes are shredded more going from left to right because towards the end there is more sweat, blood, and fear coming more from the adults. If you look in side some of the boxes I tried to make it look like a lion came in there and tore something to pieces so its like a scene of blood without any traces of a human body.


No comments:

Post a Comment