Sunday, March 23, 2014

Soap carving finish and changes


Here is the finished soap carvings of both turtles. I set them all up in a triangle like formation.

1st change: I put the soap turtle on the stove and cooked it with oil on medium temperature for 8 min.

2nd change: I placed the soap turtle in the microwave for 25 seconds and at this point it looked and felt like a fat marsh-mellow.

3rd change: I cut the soap with an apple cutter but it didn't cut all the way through.

4th change: I added a candle to the messy piece and added the savings on top because it ended up to be kind of flat.

5th change: I added pink paint to the piece because it looked like a cake to me.

6th change: some paint got scraped off and I added pins to the piece. I also took away the candle because half of it melted in the soap because it was still a bit hot from the 2nd change which was the microwave. 

7th change: I rolled the whole thing in a ball because of the mess that it was causing and it felt like a silly-puddy or clay. And I took away the pins.

8th change: This is the final change to the soap, I added colorful sprinkles to the rolled up ball that felt like dough. Now it looks like a donut hole or a bouncy ball and feels like a silly-puddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment